- Soy Chunks - 150g (Here I have used mini soy chunks)
- Onions - 1 Medium (thinly sliced)
- Capsicum / Green pepper - 1 Medium (thinly sliced)
- Green Chillies - 10Nos. (Slit into half, lengthwise) Adjust according to your preference
- Salt to taste
- Soy sauce – 2tsp
- Garlic - 6pods (Finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1/2 Inch (Juliens)
- Vinegar - 1 1/2 to 2tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 1tsp (Add more if kids are eating)
- coriander / cilantro - 3tbsp (finely chopped)
In a microwave proof cup add the chunks, 2 pinches of salt and water (enough to cover the chunks). Cook for 4 to 5 mins or till the chunks are tender. Remove once they are done and run the chunks under cold water for 2 mins. Next squeeze the water from the chunks and keep aside.
Now time to start the tempering. Heat oil in a wok, add the garlic & saute for 1 min. Add the onions, green chillies and ginger & saute for 3 to 4 mins. Then add the peppers saute further for 2 mins. Next add the soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar and the soy chunks. Saute for 3 to 4 mins. Lastly add the salt and cilantro.
Note : If you like super spicy then add green chilli sauce.
You could add spring onions too.